Sunday, December 4, 2011

~ My _ heart ~


To start off I would like to share with you a little bit about my heart behind this blog. The past year 13 months have been a whirlwind. In those months that have passed, hardly anything in my life looks the same. Regardless of what all those changes and circumstances were, the Lord has been teaching me a lot. One weekend as I was driving to my parents I was listening to a sermon from the radio. One thing in particular stuck out to me, “You are the image of God.” imago dei. So, over the past several months, this has been the reminder that God has given to me, “You are made in My image!” If I truly believe, and I do, that I am made in His image, then regardless of what anyone says, I am beautiful, intelligent, worthy. My identity is not found in Christ, but it is Christ. This has been hard for me to remember at times, difficult to understand, and to be honest, sometimes something I didn’t want to be. Nevertheless, my identity is Christ.

Through this blog I hope to share with you my daily devotions. I don’t promise them to be interesting, challenging, encouraging or anything else; rather, I will share with you my thoughts, raw and unedited, likely full of holes. I hope to be real, truthful and honest. I pray that, if the Lord wills it, you are blessed and encouraged by my devotions, and I pray too that the Lord will use you to encourage, challenge and convict me.

Feel free to share my thoughts with others. The only thing that I ask, is that if you know me personally, my name is not associated with your sharing because the glory is not mine, but all the glory belongs to God, I am merely a reflection.
God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment